Tactical Surveillance Robots
At SuperDroid Robots we provide a wide range of tactical, surveillance, negotiation, HAZMAT, and Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) robots. Our speciality is being able to inexpensively customize any of our robots to suit your specific needs and budget! We can also build completely custom robots from scratch! Call us or use our contact form to ask us any questions you may have.
These pages are intended to help you become familiar with our products that fit specific applications. If you cannot find an exact match, please contact us. We build all our of robots to order. Since we design, build, test, and support all our robots at our facility in North Carolina, USA, customization is fast and NOT expensive. We offer many standard robots, all of which can be customized with options to meet your budget and needs.
Company and Product Overview
Remote Surveillance - We offer many different surveillance options with our UGVs (Unmanned Ground Vehicles). We have a wide variety of cameras and pan and tilt systems allowing an operator to remotely observe situations remotely through many different style Operator Control Units (OCUs). The following are camera and OCU systems we have deployed:
- IR LED cameras for total darkness observation.
- 27X optical zoom cameras with low light vision and high intensity LED lights allowing the robot to see everything.
- Thermal imaging cameras or Forward Looking Infra-Red (FLIR) camera can also be requested.
- Camera Pan and Tilts to move a camera around and quickly assess a situation.
- Tilt cameras embedded in the nose of the robot to allow low profile inspection robots.
- Multiple cameras installed on a robot allowing an operator see the surroundings from every vantage point.
- We also have camera lifts that can be installed to provide 3D surveillance.
- 1-Way audio systems, so you will have have eyes and ears. 2-way audio will allow you to have a voice via the robot's PA.
- Hand-held and enclosed (Pelican style) Case Remotes with monitors, microphones, and speakers providing you complete awareness.
- Secondary Monitors allowing command outpost stations a set of eyes and ears. Or use the secondary monitor or a second entry team!
- Repeaters for our digital radios allowing you to extend the range and get through tough situations like steel or concrete walls.
- Hasty situational awareness - The UGVs will perform persistent observation! Use robots to investigate confined spaces providing fast and reliable situational awareness or let them stand guard at an entry or exit point.
- Clearing rooms remotely - Clear rooms, buildings, drug smuggling tunnels, culverts, etc. remotely with audio and video surveillance. Our small UGVs are compact and lightweight making it easily deployable for quickly assessing situations.
- Covert Surveillance - Enter dangerous areas covertly and safely for SWAT, First Responders, Tactical Response, Law Enforcement, nuclear, security related sectors, homeland security, US customs, Border Control, Fire and Rescue, etc.
- Search Hostage and Barricaded Subjects - Remotely search houses, apartments, schools, etc. using the UGVs for search of barricaded subjects or hostages keeping officers safe. Use the UGVs for Bomb Squad, EOD, Police, Security, Remote Surveillance, Suspect investigation, SWAT, and tactical purposes.
- Climbing stairs and obstacles - Our Tracked UGVs can climb over most obstacles and go up and down stairs that often stop other robots.
- Entry into difficult areas - All of our wheeled tactical UGVs are 4WD robots, providing very quick response. They have the ability to navigate obstacles quickly and effectively.
The UGVs (Unmanned Ground Vehicles) listed below are best suited for the application of surveillance and negotiation. Not all of the robots are configured with 2-way audio so make sure you select that option if you desire 2-way communication. Keep in mind that we can customize any of these robots or build you a robot from scratch to meet your specific needs.
MLT - "Jack Russell"
Compact MLT Tactical Surveillance Robot. The MLT is small and lightweight. Weighing less than 8 lbs., it can easily fit in a bag or pack. The MLT is available with LED lights, an on-board microphone, and a heavy duty foam lined storage/transport case. We offer two main configurations:
The MLT-F is equipped with a rear flipper arm and a camera in the nose of the robot. This configuration is drop resistant up to 10 feet.
The MLT-PT has a pan an tilt camera assembly mounted on the top of the robot. This allows you to clear areas more quickly and efficiently.
UM4 - "Retriever"
Rapid Deployment UM4 Ultra Mobile 4WD robot. It features a camera/video system, control system, and charging station. The robot is very portable as it weighs only 14.5 lbs. Each of its four wheels are driven by independent high-rpm gear motors. These robots are amazingly agile, discrete, and incredibly tough. The system comes with everything you need to go to work, whether it’s inspecting crawl spaces under houses or providing a first line of defense in tactical situations. The built in infra-red camera allows you to see in total darkness while under normal light it is a high quality color picture.
LT2 / LT2-F - "Bloodhound"
LT2 Versatile Tracked Robot. The LT2 and LT2-F Tactical Surveillance Robot are our best selling tactical robots. They are a perfect balance of size, speed, weight, mobility/maneuvrability, and capability. The LT2-F was qualified during a series of NIST tests.
The LT2 is capable of climbing household stairs and obstacles. The LT2-F includes rear flipper/stabilizer arms, which are used to lift the robot's nose onto high obstacles. They also act as a stabilizer to prevent roll over on steep pitches. With the rear Flipper/Stabilizer arms the LT2-F is capable of climbing aggressive stairs and obstacles.
HD2-S - "Doberman"
HD2-S Heavy Duty Surveillance and Tactical Robot. The HD2-S features a tracked design that allows it to climb over most obstacles including stairs. It features an optional 27x 360 degree Pan-Tilt-Zoom camera assembly with high power LED lights allowing you to see in any direction and in almost any lighting situation. The large Heavy Duty Robot will push, pull, or plow over large objects and climb over virtually any obstacle during remote surveillance. The large aggressive tracks allow you to easily climb stairs and drive over obstacles. Multiple cameras and Operator Control Units (OCUs) are available for control and observation. Available 2-way Audio makes hostage negotiation a breeze. The entire package is developed, designed, built, configured, tested, and supported by SuperDroid Robots in NC USA.
LT2/F - "Bulldog"
LT2 Tracked Surveillance Robot with a Multi-Axis Robotic Arm. The LT2 and LT2-F Tactical Surveillance Robot are our best selling tactical robots. The LT2-F was qualified during a series of NIST tests. The tracked robot is perfect balance of speed, power, size, weight, and mobility. With all the features of the LT2/F Bulldog, the addition of a removable 4-Axis arm makes it an even more versatile tool.
The removable 4-axis arm makes this robot the most versatile tool for clearing rooms, removing suspicious packages, remote surveillance, etc. The arm can easily be added or removed for different missions and clearance requirements. With the arm removed, it is great for driving under cars, beds, etc. With the arm installed, the robot is great for opening doors, moving and inspecting suspicious packages, etc. Protective storage and transport crates are also available.
HD2 - "Mastiff"
HD2-S Heavy Duty Surveillance Tactical Robot with a Mutli-Axis Arm. The HD2-S features a tracked design that allows it to climb over most obstacles including stairs. It features an optional 27x 360 degree Pan-Tilt-Zoom camera assembly with high power LED lights to allow you to see in any direction and in almost any lighting situation. With all the features of the HD2=S Doberman, the addition of a multi-axis arm makes this robot even more versatile.
The multi-axis arm allows the operator to open doors, provides assistance in scaling obstacles, moving debris, inspecting suspicious items, and Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) at a safe distance. The strong arm is capable of lifting 20 lbs. when it is fully extended. With the available 5th axis the arm can rotate 360+ degrees at the base making it a very versatile tool.